Pro Bono Opportunities Within Your Area of Expertise
The matters we refer are discrete, transactional matters in areas such as tax, real estate, employment, corporate, and general business law. Our pro bono referrals allow you to volunteer the same legal skills you utilize in your practice on a daily basis.
Ongoing Support from Texas C-BAR
- Texas C-BAR provides:
- Malpractice insurance coverage for volunteers;
- Thorough screening of requests for assistance from nonprofits;
- Ongoing support and coordination from our experienced staff; and
- Access to our database of forms and other legal materials.
Opportunities for In-House Counsel
If you are an attorney with a corporation, here is what you should know about Texas C-BAR:
- Texas C-BAR’s in-house counsel participants include USAA Federal Savings Bank, Dell, ConocoPhillips, Valero, Intel, and Exxon Mobile.
- All of our attorney volunteers are covered under our malpractice insurance policy.
- We provide all our volunteer attorneys with on-going support to ensure that our pro bono referrals are successful, including:
- Co-counsel assistance from other volunteer attorneys;
- On-going assistance and support from Texas C-BAR staff attorneys; and
- Access to Texas C-BAR’s legal library and on-line legal resources at www.texascbar.org.
In accepting pro bono referrals from Texas C-BAR, business lawyers facilitate the capacity of nonprofits and microenterprises to build healthier communities and ultimately better the lives of low-income families throughout the state. Our referrals also provide associates with the opportunity to assume leadership roles in transactional legal matters.
Texas C-BAR provides ongoing recognition of our attorney volunteers in our newsletters. Texas C-BAR regularly nominates our volunteer attorneys for awards. As a result, our volunteers have also been recognized by outside organizations for their exemplary contributions in the field of business law pro bono.